我们在职场中,如果要想得到升职,肯定是需要得到领导提拔,或者有人为我们说话,那么你知道"为某人说好话"用英文怎么说呢?一起来学习下吧!
为某人说好话 用英文怎么说?
put in a good word for sb.
put in a good word for sb. “为某人说好话,替某人美言,
为某人说情”,是为了帮助某人得到某物。
英语解释为to try to help someone get or achieve something by saying good things about them to someone else。
例
Manny: I'll put in a good word for you.
我会帮你向上帝美言几句。
Jay: You're the best, kid.
好儿子,你最棒了。
Tell Ben that I'll put in a good word for him.
告诉本,我会为他说好话的。《末日崩塌》。
你说的,我可没说 用英文怎么说?
your words, not mine
(1) one's words “某人说的话”
(2) in one's words “用某人的话来说”
(3) your words, not mine “你说的,我可没说”,
比如别人说了某人的坏话或者不该说的话,
你心里其实也是认同的,但是不想牵扯到自己身上,
就可以说your words, not mine。
例
Those are her words, not mine.
那都是她说的,我可没说。
Phil: So, listen, buddy. Certain members of this family don't think you can take care of this bad boy.
听着,伙计,家里有些人认为你照料不好这辆车。
Luke: You mean mom?
你是说妈妈吗?
Phil: Your words, not mine.
你说的,我可没说。
记住我说的话 用英文怎么说?
mark my words “记住我的话”
英语解释为used to tell someone that they should pay attention to what you are saying。
例
She's going to regret it. Mark my words.
她会后悔的,你可以记住我的话!
You can't have two fun parents.
That's a carnival. Mark my words.
你们不能有一对风趣的爸妈,
那样就不可收拾了,记住我的话。