来源： 浏览： 发布日期：2020-01-13 10:23
1. Children find it difficult to concentrate on or pay attention to school. What are the reasons? How can we solve this problem?
2. Employers should give their staff at least a 4-week holiday a year to make employees better at their jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Government funding should only be provided for the best students as scholarships. Other funding of universities should come from student fees and private organizations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. In many countries women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their baby. Does advantage outweigh disadvantages?
5. City dwellers seldom socialize with their neighbors today and the sense of community has been lost. Why has this happened and how to solve this problem?
6. In many parts of the world children and teenagers are committing more crimes,what are the causes? How should these young criminals be punished?
7. In some cultures the old age is highly valued, while in some cultures youth is highly valued.
8. It is believed by many that those people who read for pleasure are better in imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Many young people in the workforce today change their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do the advantages of this outweigh its disadvantages?
10. More and more people buy and use their own car. Do you think the advantages of this trend for individuals outweigh its disadvantages for environment?
11. More and more people want to buy famous brands with clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons behind this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
12. Online shopping is now replacing shopping in store. Do you think it is positive or negative development？
13. Schools should concentrate on teaching students the academic subjects that will be useful for their future careers. Subjects such as music and sports are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
15. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world costs numerous governments’ expenditure. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17. Young people are leaving their homes from rural areas to study or work in the cities. What are the reasons? Do advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages?
18. Young people who commit serious crimes, such as a robbery or a violent attack should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. The best way for the government to solve the traffic congestion is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people think that cultural traditions will be destroyed when they are used as money-making machines aims at tourists, other people believe that it is the only way to save such conditions in the world today. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.